Chef Andrew Kraft, the former executive chef of 6th Street Kitchen, will be the opening executive chef for Osteria Cotto (513 Columbus Ave) on the Upper West Side. The restaurant will be open tonight for the first time for dinner service starting at 6pm so c’mon in for your 6th Street Kitchen fix. They will be serving beer, wine, and liquor! The restaurant will be open for dinner everyday but they will be closed on Sundays.
As for the fate of 6th Street Kitchen, the space is still boarded up but we’re optimistically hoping for something fantastic there in the future.
Hope to see you soon! XOXO
We’re all incredibly devastated by the fire so we’re taking it one day at a time for the time being. We’ve received so many supportive e-mails and messages, an incredible response. Every single e-mail, message and phone call means a lot to us. Words cannot describe our emotions right now but we are extremely grateful for all of the supportive friends, families, neighbors and patrons. We hope to bounce back in no time and we’re very glad that everyone is safe and alive.
Thank you, FDNY. Thank you, neighbors. Thank you, friends and family. Thank you, restaurant guests.
Chef Kraft during brunch service today: faster than a speeding bullet…(but not as powerful as a locomotive nor can he leap tall buildings in a single bound)
So You’ll Probably Have a Hangover Tomorrow
…and that is why we will be serving an awesome all day brunch menu (a special menu just for New Year’s Day) from noon to close on New Year’s Day.
The menu items will range from light to heavy like your hangover. Some of the items to look forward to (Note that I said some):
- Pork Belly Sandwich, Cilantro, Pickled Vegetables, Baguette, Fries
- Lamb Hash, Poached Egg, Sauce Mornay
- Tuscan Kale Caesar Salad, Croutons, Parmesan
- French Toast, Oranges, Candied Pecans
- Fried Chicken, Braised Greens, Hot Sauce
- Biscuits and Sausage Gravy, Soft Scrambled Eggs
- Chicken and Waffle Club, Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Tomato, Fries*
- Omelette, Roasted Cauliflower, San Andreas Cheese
- Cured Salmon Benedict, Hollandaise, Arugula Salad
*Yes, it is THAT chicken and waffle club:
Definitely one of Chef Kraft’s coolest creations.
If we don’t see you on New Year’s Eve, hopefully we’ll see you on New Year’s Day.
Our New Year’s Eve Tasting Menu
Celebrate New Year’s with us! There will be a complimentary toast at Midnight!
Here’s our delicious $50 Tasting Menu from Chef Kraft with a few last minute changes to make it extra special for New Year’s:
- Fluke Crudo, Ruby Red Grapefruit, Cucumber, Yuzu
- Roasted Beet Salad, Orange, Blue Cheese, Bitter Chocolate, Tarragon, Chervil
- Pastrami Cured Salmon, Red Cabbage, Whole Grain Mustard, Wasabi Shoots
- Prince Edward Island Mussels, Walnut-Arugula Pesto
- Farro Risotto, Goat Cheese, Cipollini Onions, Mushrooms
- Roasted Chicken, Black Truffle Panzanella
- Cranberry Chocolate Parfait
We hope to see you tonight, with or without your silly 2011 hats and/or classy party attire. Call (212) 477-4649 ASAP for reservations — we still have a few spaces available for New Year’s Eve…
Don’t forget to add us on Twitter (@6thStKitchen) for dinner specials and news!
6th Street Kitchen
HOLY MOLY! Chef Kraft is getting ready for our new year’s eve specials. One of the items? Roast Chicken with Buttermilk Panzanella and Black Truffle — the buttermilk biscuits in the panzanella smell like black truffle!!
For New Year’s Eve, we will be serving items from our a la carte menu, and there will be a special $50 chef’s tasting if you’re interested. As always, we have daily specials but since we’re getting ready for 2011, the daily specials will be extra special.